Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Todays World Catastrophies

Today, I would just like to write a short post about my thoughts... I was watching the news today (CNN to be exact) and they said that the Chile Earthquake knocked the Earth off rotation by a few inches. A few inches might not seem like a lot, but it really is. And the more earthquakes the more inches...

I also heard not long after the earthquake in Chile that a city in Chile moved 10 feet. 10 feet!! Click here for CNN's blog report on this.

I'm an avid learner, researcher, History Channel, Discovery Channel- addict! So the rest of this is my opinion... but for years and years and years and forever probably, scientist's have been saying that land can NOT move this fast!! This is proof that it indeed can! It's not a good thing for us because when land moves fast, the earth tips more, weather changes as does volcanic activity underground.

Scientists have also said that weather can NOT change fast. I live in Florida, and I've lived here since I was 8 years old, I'm now 24. Florida weather has always been the same... hot, humid, hurricanes in the summer, cold days only about 3 days at a time during winter - around December-ish. Well, let me tell you something scary that no one seems to talk about, for reasons I don't know other than maybe not scaring the public... It's been cold now since October/Novemberish 2009, it's APRIL 2010! This is the most bizarre weather I've ever seen. The winter before this was strange but this is even worse. Currently the cold weather comes and goes- creating tornado's in some places of Florida. But the point is, this is Florida where people come to experience tropical weather. A place that's supposed to always be hot and rainy, has become less rainy and more bitterly cold. Sometimes down in the 30 degrees!

So my point is, the world is changing at a fast rate. What happens is irreversible, and only God knows why. There are things people can do to TRY to make things better... use your car less, try not to pollute our Earth. Reuse, Recycle... Use as little energy as you need, don't waste water. Try not to destroy our Earth because it's the only one we have. Once it's destroyed, we'll be destroyed too, so we need to do everything we can NOT to destroy it or change it in a horribly drastic way. Thanks for reading. :) xo Heather

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Heather!! I follow your other blog and am a friend on MySpace and follow your Twitter. That is how I found this treasure but I can't follow :( lol and not bcuz of what ppl would think, either Lol It's bcuz I do my best to avoid psychic-related things. This world is so spiritual and it's not the fact that they are looking into it that bothers me (I have no issue w/ paranormal things) but that they separate spiritualism from God...bcuz if you believe in there being a God, He can show you things but if you think you see it on your own, you're seeing something else..it could be something real, yes but it's not what they say it is. Like magic in a way (not card magic lol) but like mysticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, thanks for reading even if you can't follow! haha :) Actually, the psychics I do believe in all believe in God. I'm not sure where you got that from but I think that's a common misconception that MANY people have about psychics. They think of them as witches or like they're trying to be some kind of God themselves. Most psychics aren't real, so maybe they're the ones that gave off that horrible idea. I believe in God too, and I've had alot of paranormal experiences- good and very scary. I think I'll write a new post about it maybe. haha. Don't be a stranger. ^_^

    ReplyDelete